Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Will it Ever End?

Still not done. I ended up cutting out something like 8,000 words to get back on track, and I'm back on track, but still figuring some things out. I've just started what should be the climactic confrontation scene. Part of me wants to just rush in and write it and get it over with, but I think it's more prudent to take my time and do it right so I don't have to cut another big chunk of words after realizing I was doing it wrong.

Summer ballet starts tonight, and I really should sign up and go because I need the exercise, but I'm very tempted to take the summer off because I have so much going on this summer. My teacher is taking the summer off, so we've got a different one, and they're combining the adult class with the teen class. I suppose having teens in there might be a good marketing opportunity, but then again "I have a book coming out the last day of class!" isn't natural conversation in a ballet class. This may be the busiest six weeks of the year for me, leading up to the book coming out.

And that means the new book comes out six weeks from today, since the class is six weeks long and it starts tonight and ends the day the book comes out.

I suppose a compromise might be to sign up for four weeks, skip tonight (while I'm finishing the book) and skip release night, in case I end up with some kind of event that night. Suddenly, I feel a lot better about things.

But now I need to find something to eat for lunch because I'd planned a big lunch meal today with a light dinner before dance, but then I didn't get around to actually cooking the big lunch meal. It may be a cheese toast and V-8 kind of day.

I just want this book to be over with. I want to see how it ends.

No comments: