Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Booked

I didn't accomplish nearly as much yesterday as I needed to, but then again I managed to check off a number of nagging to-do list items. I now have hotel reservations for all my summer conventions, including WorldCon. I didn't get my preferred hotel at WorldCon because it's pretty much all sold-out, but I may have ended up with a better situation. It's a bit more expensive, but it's an Embassy Suites kind of place (though not actually an Embassy Suites), so I'll have both a bedroom and a sitting room, and it includes breakfast, an evening reception, and free Wi-Fi, plus there's a refrigerator and microwave in the room. So even if I don't have tons of stuff to do at the convention, I can relax at the hotel.

But in the meantime, I need to gear up for ApolloCon this weekend in Houston. I've been creating some book-related swag, and I need to print some promo materials. I also need to figure out some reading material and plan the wardrobe.

And then there's other promo stuff, as Rebel Mechanics comes out five weeks from today. I have a lot of blog interviews and guest posts to do so far, and I'm sure there will be more on the way. It's been a while since I had a big release like this. I'd forgotten how much work it can be. But it's for a good cause.

I still haven't managed to read the book that's currently in my freezer. The last time I checked, it still smelled like cigarette smoke. I'd let it thaw and air out in the sun, except it's about to rain like crazy. Maybe I can put it in the upstairs bathroom under the skylight for a similar effect.

And now I suppose I'd better tackle that to-do list.

No comments: