Friday, June 12, 2015

Back to Unreality

Done! Well, sort of. I suspect I'll need a fair amount of revising and rewriting, and I know I need a better ending scene, or an additional ending scene, but I think it's better to revise the rest of it first because that will affect the ending. I wrapped up the plot stuff. I just haven't dealt with all the character stuff, and I think some of the character stuff is going to change.

But in the meantime, I have a convention next weekend, so I have a lot of stuff to get done. I started making my to-do list for the next week and then the next month or so, and I've already had to start striking things because it's just not feasible. Today will be about shopping and getting the house somewhat back in order. Tomorrow I have some critiques to do, more getting the house in order, and some promo stuff to deal with. Sunday is going to be mostly relaxation, but I have some music to work on, since I'm singing a solo for the early service the week after next, and obsessive preparation seems to be one of the keys for avoiding stage fright. This will be my first full solo. I've sung in duets and ensembles where I had a solo part, and I've had a solo within a choir piece, but I've never just gone up on my own. Being in the early service helps because it's smaller and usually calmer, and the rest of the choir won't be there. Less pressure.

TV stuff for the weekend:
Tonight is the very last episode of Phineas & Ferb (unless they see the error of their ways and do other stuff down the line). I guess you could say it's been a very, very long summer for these kids who have been trying to have the best summer ever for years, and apparently the last episode is the last day before school starts.

Then Defiance is back on SyFy tonight. I rewatched the last couple of episodes last night because I'd totally forgotten what happened. But that will be an OnDemand later thing because it's opposite Phineas & Ferb. There's also a new show afterward that looks intriguing -- an actual space opera. Yes, a show on the channel formerly known as Sci Fi that's set on a spaceship. However, it seems to be from the people who brought us Stargate: Universe, one of the few science fiction shows that I've turned off and given up on in mid-episode.

Saturday, BBC America starts showing Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. I loved the book so much, and I've heard good things about the series, so I'll be watching.

It's lovely to be able to go back to watching narrative TV after not being able to deal with it while writing.

No comments: