Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Ragweed Time!

The ragweed hit yesterday, with a vengeance. I thought I might get out of it this year because usually it hits earlier in September, but I was totally out of sorts all day and even ended up taking a nearly 2-hour nap. Then I saw on the evening news that ragweed levels were high, which explains it all. So this will be a week of Allegra as I soldier on with my growing to-do list.

I got my copyedits back on the new book, but I'm barely going to be able to dive into that until after the convention. I will, however, deal with at least the first chapter because that will be my FenCon reading.

I really do enjoy the convention, but I'm looking forward to it being over with because there's so much writing work I want to do. I need to get some of these stories out of my head and out into the world. There are only so many fictional universes and imaginary people one person can keep going at any one time.

Also, I want to take my usual fall vacation. I'm still thinking about an early October writing retreat, but I want to go farther up into the mountains in early November and not do any work, though there may be some experience and location research going on. The state park where I went last year has a riding stable and does trail rides, and some experience with horses would be good for a few of the ideas playing out in the back of my mind.

I'm just ready for fall, in general. We hit 100 degrees yesterday. Our "cold front" this weekend will knock it down to 90.

Now to go finish my presentation on the hero's journey and then do some video editing.

No comments: