Monday, September 12, 2016

On to the Next Task

The book went off to the copyeditor on Friday, so now I just have to wait to get edits back, work through the edits and make necessary changes, and then do a round of proofreading. I started researching this book in late May, and I had a final draft ready for the copyeditor in early September, which may be a new record for me. Now let's see if I can do it again with another book!

But that will wait until I'm totally done with this one. I don't like to switch gears too much when I'm writing. In the meantime, I will do some research, development, and planning for the next one.

My yoga class started again this morning, and we have a new teacher. I think I'm going to like her, but my body definitely had slacked off over the summer, so there are already some twinges of protest. Monday-morning yoga also means I can switch my grocery trip to the store where I usually get my meat and produce to Monday instead of Sunday after church. Then the store is less crowded, so it's quicker and less stressful, and I'm feeling virtuous after yoga and inclined to continue that by buying stuff that's good for me. The one downside is that they don't really restock the produce from the weekend until around that time. I lucked out and caught them just as they were getting the produce off the truck and on display, and the produce guy even opened a crate of okra for me to pick from while he was stocking the shelves.

Now I have two weeks until FenCon, so I have a lot of work to do on that, and I have a lot of other business stuff to take care of, including getting some proposals out for writing conferences. I've added one more convention to my slate for the year, but it doesn't involve travel. They're doing a writing track at the Nerd Year's Eve event in Dallas and invited me to be one of the instructors. This is one of those "comic con" type shows that has celebrities, and it looks like it will be a lot of fun. Plus, it's just a train ride away.

No comments: