Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Chilling

It turns out that Elsa may have been mad at me, after all. When the repairman took off the back panel of the freezer to expose the inner workings, the whole thing was totally caked in ice, and, weirdly enough, that's why it wasn't keeping the refrigerator cold. Apparently, the problem was the thermostat in the defroster, which allowed everything to get covered in ice, which blocked the flow of cold air to the refrigerator. Now it's all fixed, I have cold food once more, and best of all, I have a whole day in which I'm not waiting for a repair person or having to run errands to get ready for a trip. I might even be able to (gasp!) work. It's hard to concentrate or get started on anything when you know that at any minute, someone may be showing up.

I do have a choir dinner tonight, but then I'll be out of all my activities other than dance for the summer. I hope to get a lot done.

I got extremely optimistic and tried exercising this morning. I could feel how out of shape I was in ballet class last night, and I want to do something about that. I resorted to the trick of finding something I wanted to watch on TV and using that as a scheduled "class" for exercising while watching. So this morning I did about fifteen minutes of yoga to stretch out from last night's class and then jogged on my mini trampoline for about fifteen minutes while watching the classic "Lil Sebastian" episode of Parks and Recreation. It's not much, but it's a start. Supposedly, exercising in the morning gives you more energy for the rest of the day, but it just made me sleepy. Maybe that's because I took a shower afterward, and I'm usually a nighttime shower person, so my body read that as a signal that it was time to sleep.

But I will power through! I have jacket copy to write for Rebel Magisters and then I have a book to plot.

No comments: