Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Ripple Effects

I just thought I'd smoothed out the seams between the rewritten scene and the existing book. Yesterday I found myself writing two new scenes and never even made it to the existing book. It seems that changing one thing had a ripple effect and required other things to change. Plus, I came up with a new idea and decided to add some additional action and fun to the sequence. I could have just smoothed over those edges and jumped back to the existing stuff, but it's more interesting this way.

And then last night I came up with something I need to adjust in what I wrote yesterday.

Goodness knows what will happen today. I didn't plan any of yesterday's stuff before I sat down to write.

I probably could have done more yesterday, but I was distracted by noticing that my outdoor thermometer reading on my weather station was dropping drastically. It went down nearly ten degrees in less than half an hour, the skies started getting darker, and the wind was howling. That generally means that something bad is about to happen. So I got back online to see what was happening. It turned out that there was a very nasty hail storm northeast of me. I barely got a spattering of rain, but there was softball-sized hail utterly pulverizing cars and houses about 30 miles to the northeast. My weather radio did go off with a warning not long after I decided to check on what was going on.

Now I need to buckle down and get some work done. I have to finish my taxes (the hard part, the business accounting, is mostly done) and finish this book. After this week, I can get back to stuff like the Once Upon Stilettos commentary.

No comments: