Friday, October 23, 2015

I Love a Rainy Friday

After a long, dry summer and only a little measurable rainfall in September, we're getting a deluge, and it's glorious. It's going to be like this all weekend. I suspect there will be baking because that's what I do.

I'm hoping there will also be writing and reading. I was up late last night going over my book proposal. I've got about 20,000 words written (five chapters), plus a synopsis, plus I have short outlines for two entirely different possible books. I think I'll send the chapters to my mom to look at this weekend, and then send the whole thing to my agent on Monday.

Meanwhile, I'll keep writing the book. I'm just getting to the really fun part, and I want to see what happens next.

It doesn't help that the other outlines I wrote got those stories moving in my head, too.

So many stories to write, so little time. I'll remind myself of that the next time I have a raging case of the Don't Wannas. "Yes, you do want to write because you have to finish this book before you can write the next one, and you really want to write that next one, and the one after that."

I guess I won't be working on the patio today. I may sit on my bed with the blinds open and watch it rain while I work.

No comments: