Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Doing the Sleet Dance

The paperback version of To Catch a Queen should now be listed on Amazon. There's something wonky with the way they have the series listed, but I think that's an Amazon glitch that I'm not sure I can get changed. I have reported it to my digital publishing person.

Maybe it was the book release that did it. Maybe it's because it's a cool (soon to be cold), rainy day. Maybe it's because I'm sick and tired of cleaning house. But I'm really in the mood to write today. So I think I will get back to book 3. I might also be kind of crossing my fingers really hard that they have to cancel children's choir because of weather. It's supposed to start sleeting this afternoon. For one thing, I don't want to be out in questionable and worsening conditions. For another, it would be nice to have a night in after the past couple of nights. I'm remembering why I gave up on doing theater a long time ago. The rehearsal schedule is just too much for me. I can't deal with having activities every night for weeks on end. Unfortunately, unless you're doing a show with all solos and monologues, you kind of have to practice with other people. You can't just learn your part at home. Hmm, maybe I need to look for a production of "The Last Five Years" to audition for. That's all solos except for one duet.

Though it really would help matters if all the cast members would learn their parts on their own. I think half the rehearsal time seems to be spent on people not knowing what they're supposed to be doing and then messing everyone else up, so they have to start over on a part to get it all together. And then there's the social media backstage issue that's leading to the stage manager banning cell phones among the cast, since people were missing their entrance cues because they were checking Facebook. That didn't exist the last time I did theater.

On the up side, I've been getting a lot of knitting done. I'm doing newborn baby hats for the county hospital, so they're small and portable and I can generally get most of one done during a rehearsal.

Now to go do my Sleet Dance so I don't have to deal with kids tonight and can maybe get some work done.

No comments: