Friday, September 19, 2014

Pulsating Green Glows

I celebrated the new audiobook deal (and a nice royalty check from the existing audiobooks) by buying myself a nice, new electric toothbrush like my dentist recommended. Do I know how to live it up, or what?

Funny thing about that toothbrush: When it's in charging mode, there's a green light that blinks on and off. It was still doing its initial charging when I went to bed last night. The bathroom door is directly across from my bed, and most of the walls in the bathroom are mirrored -- a wall of mirror over the sink, then the closet doors that make up two of the walls are mirrors. That meant that just about any direction the toothbrush was turned, that blinking green light was reflected, and then that reflection was reflected off other mirrors. I didn't think much of it until I rolled over onto that side during the night, had one of those "what time is it?" waking moments, and saw a pulsating green glow emanating from the bathroom.

Fortunately, I was awake enough to realize what it was and didn't incorporate it into a dream about aliens invading or monsters climbing up from the sewer. I just got up and closed the bathroom door.

This could be really fun to play with when I have company.

I've got a busy weekend ahead of me. My church is celebrating its 135th anniversary by doing a day of service projects in the community. I'll be joining the children's choirs to visit nursing homes in the morning. Then we have our final panic/get ready meeting to prepare for FenCon. And then Sunday is the anniversary service and church cookout.

Which means tonight will have to be a recharging night to get ready for all this, though hopefully without the pulsating green glow. That's more likely to happen Sunday evening, when I collapse.

No comments: