Monday, April 25, 2011

Time Traveling Football Players (and other OnDemand woes)

This was definitely a weekend that requires a weekend for recovery. I'm not planning to leave the house today, and I'm looking forward to enjoying that. But it was a good Easter weekend, with lots of singing (lots and lots of singing) and I got to spend a lot of time with friends.

It was a good thing I went to a friend's house for Doctor Who viewing, as my cable company really messed up the OnDemand stuff for the weekend. As of last night, they still didn't have the new Doctor Who episode posted, and when I went to watch Friday's Friday Night Lights, I didn't recognize any of the events in the "previously" recap and was totally lost when the episode started. Apparently, they were channeling a previous Kyle Chandler series and showing us next week's episode this week. Fortunately, I'd taped the episode while I was at the Good Friday service, since my initial plan was to watch it when I got home, so I still got to watch the right one, which was definitely different, and it seems that the one they put up as the second episode of the season for NBC OnDemand was even further into the season than I thought, as most of the "previously" clips for that episode weren't even in the one I watched.

As unreliable as TimeWarner is when it comes to OnDemand viewing, it looks like I'll have to find a viewing location for next week's Doctor Who, as I don't want to wait too long for the resolution of that cliffhanger.

Now I mostly want to sleep, but I'm closing in on the end of the book. Today I'll be dealing with the part where I pretty much snapped before. I think the bits I've fixed up to this point will help make the next part easier. I'm ready to be done with this one and on to the next, though there may be a break for housework while I do some prep-work on the next project. I need a palate cleanser.

No comments: