Thursday, July 23, 2015

Too Crazy for Insanity

It's crazy day again! I have a library event tonight, I leave for a convention tomorrow, and I still need to finish a book that's due in a week. I have a to-do list, and I've struck all the things that aren't entirely necessary and put everything else into a schedule, so I think I'm good, but I'm not sure I'll be able to relax completely until I arrive at the hotel in Austin tomorrow. I hope to get there in time to relax for an hour or so before my first panel so I won't be completely wired and fried when I have to deal with the public, but I'm not in control of travel, so we'll see how that goes.

I have some fun panels for the weekend, but I haven't even started thinking about what I'll say or what discussion prompts to use for the ones I'm moderating.

In short, between convention and book, I have a lot of thinking to do in the next few days. Ack.

Meanwhile, I'm on the new book emotional roller coaster -- UP from someone posting something positive on twitter -- DOWN from seeing Amazon ranking -- UP from good review -- DOWN from seeing Bookscan report (it only covers a fraction of sales, it only covers a fraction of sales) -- UP from increased number of Twitter followers -- DOWN from zero responses to anything I post -- UP from someone responding -- DOWN when seeing what my publisher (or other publisher) is doing for another book that isn't being done for mine -- UP from seeing my books on the shelves in a store -- DOWN from it not being displayed in any of the places someone might actually see it. And so forth.

Is there any wonder why authors are known to drink? And are a little neurotic?

But I don't have time to be insane today because the day is too crazy for insanity.

No comments: