Thursday, July 30, 2015

An Ending!

I finished the book last night! Well, sort of. I wrote the ending last night, and it's the ending I want. It needs some adjustments, and I woke up with them in my head, which is good. I'll revise the ending today, then start the final proofreading pass of the whole book, and I'll get it to the copyeditor by August 1 (and she does want it then rather than Monday -- I checked). Then I will likely collapse with my brains dribbling out of my ears, twitching from the high caffeine and sugar levels over the past few days. Then again, I'm fantasizing about cleaning my house because it's starting to get on my nerves and I feel like my life has spiraled out of control.

Plus, I'm supposed to be getting the manuscripts to critique for the WorldCon writers workshop on August 1.

I totally forgot in all the travel frenzy to mention my library event last week. It may have been the biggest book event I've ever been a part of that was in any way about me rather than being an event I happened to be attending. There were a lot of people there, and I didn't even know all of them (though I did know a lot of them because my friends are awesome). There were cupcakes! And jewelry! People wore costumes, including the librarian. I almost felt famous for a little while.

Now I just need to build my career to the point where that kind of thing happens all the time for me.

But first, to finish this book. And then I need to put on the marketing hat and come up with some more ways to push all my books. The response has been good for the new book, but the buzz doesn't seem to be spreading all that much and I'm afraid it's already falling off the radar. I need to think of some ways to give it a good boost.

No comments: