Monday, December 01, 2014

New Book Week Begins

It's new book week! Tomorrow the audio edition comes out, and then Wednesday the print (e-book and paper) editions are available (it looks like you can now also pre-order the paperback from Amazon). I've updated my web site to include the new book info, including an excerpt.

I had a good holiday. There was a minor pie-related injury that seems to be healing well and the pies came out very well. I had a good visit with my family. I read a lot and got a start on decorating for Christmas.

In the rush to head over the river and through the woods for the holiday, I seem to have forgotten to do any kind of Thanksgiving post. I really do have a lot to be grateful for. This has been a good year. I've struggled a lot in the past, but this year I really broke through, and that's opened up a lot of other possibilities and has made it possible to start giving back. I have a family that makes me feel safe and secure. I have more friends than I really know what to do with (a problem for introverts -- spending time with everyone who wants to spend time with me is sometimes a bit more than I can take, but that's a good problem to have) and I have people in my life I know I can count on. I'm doing what I love and what I've always dreamed of doing. And next year should be even better (assuming the new books don't tank).

In addition to a new book coming out this week, I'm going to start writing a new book today. This is my favorite part of the writing process as well as the part that most terrifies me (well, aside from the part where it comes out and people get to read it). It's a moment of infinite possibilities. And then words come out and it becomes a real thing. I have the opening three scenes kind of planned out, and then we'll see where it goes from there. I know who the villain is and I know what's going on. I hope everything else comes into focus once I get some scenes written. That's how it usually goes.

No comments: