Friday, October 18, 2013

Characters in Jeopardy

I got back in the writing game in a big way yesterday, almost getting up to what I consider my usual standard of production. I hope to make even more progress today, but I have to make a library run and do some laundry, as well. I've already done my library browsing online via the electronic catalog, so I know what I want and where to find it, and I know that it's available (or was when I checked). I'm in a kind of weird reading mood, where I'm not entirely sure where to go next. I don't know quite what I want to read now. I'm currently reading something off the To-Be-Read shelf and enjoying it far more than I expected, but I don't know that I'm in the mood for more of that sort of thing. This is the time of year when I usually dig into the mysteries and epic fantasies. I found a few things in my little notebook of books to look for that I've been saving for this time of year, so I'll get a variety of books and see what sticks.

I may turn the library trip into a kind of Day Out. I haven't stopped by the coffee shop there in a while, so I may get some tea and do a brainstorming session there. The lady who runs the coffee shop may be wondering what happened to me. It's a potentially drizzly afternoon, so I guess I won't be sitting on the patio. They've approved an expansion and remodeling of the coffee shop, so it will be interesting to see what becomes of it (the city owns the library building, and the coffee shop leases space in the building -- it's a synergy thing).

In the current book, I've managed to get all my characters in all three parallel plot lines in jeopardy at the same time. That's rather fun. Of course, I know that one of them isn't really in danger because I know what happens next, but readers shouldn't know at this point. This is when I cackle and rub my hands together with glee.

Meanwhile, I've got another project to tackle that's more administrative and marketing. To get the writing, this other work and the knitting done and still make time for Fall Fun Fest, I suppose I'll have to be more efficient.

No comments: