Monday, February 16, 2015

Midwinter Break

I'm feeling very virtuous because I got up this morning to go to yoga, even though it was cold and drizzly and I was in "recovering from a convention" mode. But there is a strong possibility of a nap this afternoon.

My bathroom looks rather nice. There are a couple of spots I'll need to touch up with a tiny brush, and I need to do some cleaning and put everything back in place. I still need to do the kitchen and a couple of the living room walls, but that will have to wait until the weather warms up a bit and it's not so damp.

I would say I had moderate amounts of fun at the convention. I went to some panels I wasn't on and got some good info and ideas, but the social scene was kind of quiet. There were some people I hoped to talk to and never really got a chance. The room parties got shut down early. So mostly this amounted to a midwinter break for me -- a whole weekend to recover from home improvement projects.

I want to get some writing done today because talking about books does inspire me, and I did get the opening of the book re-planned last week. It's a good day for it. After a nap (because I really need a nap), I can snuggle under a blanket and get down to work.

No comments: