Friday, February 21, 2014

Zzzzz ... Huh?

I have a convention starting today, but I don't have programming until Saturday, so I'm not sure yet if I'm going to head over this afternoon just to hang out. The allergies have been nasty, so I have that foggy, tired feeling. It might be a better idea to rest today so I can be "on" for the events I have the rest of the weekend. I'm contemplating a nap, though, so maybe I'll have more energy later.

I have picked and timed a scene to read tomorrow morning for my reading. I also have outfits planned and have learned to wrap a toga. The theme for FenCon this year is "University of FenCon," so our room party at this weekend's convention will be a toga party. I have a feeling that photos of this will end up all over Facebook, so I'd better do it right. I made a color-coordinated belt that matches the sheet I'll be using. Now I just have to figure out what to do with my hair. I kind of wish I had an Athena helmet and a stuffed owl, but then again, this is supposed to be like a frat party, not mythology costuming. On the other hand, it's geeks doing a frat party, so mythology costuming is probably appropriate.

That nap is looking like a better and better idea since I just dozed off at my desk between paragraphs. I'm lucky I didn't fall out of my chair or fall forward and hit my computer. And I got plenty of sleep last night. Ah, well, maybe my body is trying to tell me something.



No comments: