Monday, February 04, 2013

Wake Me When It's Monday

I don't really have anything to say about the weekend because I slept through most of it. After fighting for about an hour to stay awake on Friday night, I ended up going to bed at 8:30. Then I slept until 8:30 the next morning and finally dragged myself out of bed at 9. I managed to stay awake but was foggy for the rest of the day. There was a baby shower for a friend in choir I went to, then I got home, made it for a few hours lying on the couch in a fog and was in bed by 9:30. I had to get up early Sunday because I had to sing for both services and forced myself to stay awake all afternoon, even though I could have used a nap, then had the lights off by ten.

On the up side, I think I finally feel human again. Almost all the cold symptoms are gone, and I'm a lot less foggy than I was. I'm optimistically hoping that one more night of good sleep and I'll wake up feeling normal again. Having energy would be lovely because my house is a disaster.

My big fun for the weekend was freaking out one of my teenager friends from the choir trip by letting her know I'm older than her parents. She couldn't seem to wrap her mind around that. She's going to the same university I went to and was home for the weekend. I said something about what it was like "back in the dark ages" when I went there, and she said it wasn't that long ago. I told her when I graduated, and she realized her parents were there at the same time I was, just one year behind me. I should have told her to check her parents' yearbooks. On second thought, no one needs to see those pictures. It would scar her for life. Or else make her realize that things can only get better.

This is going to be kind of a nervewracking week and I have lots of petty little business type things to deal with (plus a dentist appointment). I tend to procrastinate the petty little business stuff, which only makes it worse when I do have to do it. I've checked some books on time management and organization out of the library to see if I can come up with some ideas to add to my process.

And now, on with Monday!

No comments: