Friday, May 11, 2007

Stupid Tired

I am in a state that I refer to as "stupid tired" that's lingering from yesterday, when I did silly things like set off my own security alarm by putting in the "arm" code instead of the "disarm" code when I came home or snap at my mother (though in my defense, she asked me if I'd done any work on a new book when I'd just spent two days driving across Texas). I dragged myself to the grocery store today because I was at popcorn and a multivitamin status for food. You could tell I was in an odd state by the contents of my grocery cart: lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, skim milk, unbleached flour and whole-grain cereal, along with brownie mix, chocolate ice cream, root beer and Special Dark bars.

I'm taking the rest of the day (what there is of it) off to rest so I can deal with my booksigning tomorrow. This is the one in the Barnes & Noble near TCU in Fort Worth at 2 p.m. If you're in the area, stop by.

Speaking of bookstores, I did find that my book was available in the stores I hit yesterday, and it's showed up in larger quantities and face-out in my neighborhood store. I have been letting my editor know about the bookstore issues, but there's not a lot they can do about it from the publisher level, as the publisher can't make a store carry a book. If you're frustrated with the difficulties you've had finding the book, the place to go to complain would be the stores themselves or the chains. For your convenience, here's the contact info for the two major chains:

Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Customer Service Department
122 Fifth Avenue, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10011

telephone: (800) 422-7717
e-mail: customerservice@bn.com
fax: (212) 352-3660

Borders doesn't give an e-mail address, but the form for feedback is here.

Borders Customer Service
100 Phoenix Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48108

1-888-81-BOOKS

And now I'm going to go eat lots of chocolate and melt my brain in front of the television so I can be reasonably perky and coherent tomorrow. I'm wavering between an OnDemand movie or rewatching this week's The Office. Sigh.

No comments: