Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Hitting the Chocolate Stash

We continued our streak of stormy weather with a huge thunderstorm at 2 a.m. That's the kind of thing that brings you wide awake in the middle of the night. The lightning was right on top of me, so I got up to run around and unplug all my electronics (after my parents' house was struck by lightning and everything got fried, I don't take chances). As a result, I've been groggy all day. There were still more storms out to the west, so it looks like yet again my viewing of House will be interrupted with weather alerts and exciting live shots of reporters standing in the rain (in case we don't realize what rain looks like).

I may be digging into my chocolate stash tonight. I decided to give the car a road test to make sure it really was fixed yesterday, so I figured I might as well take the highway to the mall to check on my book at the Books-a-Million. All they had was one copy of Once Upon Stilettos. How very sad. Fortunately, Ann Taylor Loft was having a sale, so I got a couple of cute tops and feel a little better. I'm telling myself that they must have sold out already and the re-order hasn't come in yet.

For those who like e-books, it looks like Damsel is now available in e-book format. It's at Fictionwise and at eReader.com (and woo hoo, I'm on the top 50 at eReader!).

It looks like Monday will be Decision Day on book 5, so keep your fingers crossed, say a prayer or two, light candles, or do whatever it is you do to influence the universe. Or, you know, you could buy books or get people to buy books so when they pull the numbers they'll see that there could be a profit for them in this.

And now I need to do more laundry and otherwise work to get ready to head to Round Rock for my Austin-area signing tomorrow.

No comments: