Saturday, March 18, 2006

Final Night of Freedom

I did my workshop this morning, and it was a lot of fun. That was a great group, and they had such insightful questions and comments that we really generated some good discussion. I also got to have wonderful Mexican food. I'd been worried about speaking because I've got a bad case of the sniffles. You know you're in trouble when they have to go to the second screen to give all the pollen counts on the TV weather forecast. I was sniffling right up to the point I got up to speak, and I was afraid I'd have to keep stopping and turning to a tissue while I spoke, but I got through it okay. And then as soon as I left, I was sniffling again.

Now I'm trying to decide how to spend my Saturday evening. It's a nice rainy night. I'm not sure if I want to make myself start at least charting the book so I can take a look at the various plot elements, or if I want to give myself one last night of freedom. If I give myself the evening off, do I want to curl up with a book or watch a movie?

Of course, the way I tend to be, I'll watch a movie while reading or brainstorming on the book.

The main thing I need to do in revisions is find ways to better tie the many plot threads together, and to do that I think I need to use colored markers on big pieces of paper so I can get a good visual. I'm thinking about picking up one of those Post-It flip pads so I can hang my charts on my office wall for reference, but I suspect that's probably just an excuse to buy office supplies. It's almost dangerous to let myself go to Office Depot.

No comments: