Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Favor for an Insecure Author

Does anyone out there subscribe to RT (Romantic Times) Bookclub magazine?

According to their web site, Once Upon Stilettos got a four-and-a-half star review, which is getting close to the highest they give, but you can't read the review unless you're a subscriber and have a user name and password. Subscribers may also already have the May issue, but I don't think it's available at stores yet (and if it is, getting it would require leaving the house, and we all know what my position on that is). I'm dying of curiosity to know what the review says. I guess it must be pretty good, because they're not going to give something four-and-a-half stars and then say, "This sucks." My previous books, including Enchanted, Inc., all got four stars, so it sounds like they think I've improved.

So, if you've got a copy of the May issue or can get to the review on the web site and want to e-mail me with what it says at shanna@shannaswendson.com, I'd be incredibly grateful.

And yes, I am being a neurotic, insecure, needy writer, but at this stage in the game, in the middle of revising one book while another is about to come out, I need all the positive re-enforcement I can get.

No comments: