Thursday, March 23, 2006

Booksigning News

First, some news. I've got my initial booksignings for Once Upon Stilettos set up. Yes, they're all in Texas, but I'm not quite at the level where the publisher is going to spring to send me on a nationwide book tour (but buy lots of copies of this book and get lots of other people to buy it, and maybe I'll be at that level for the next book!). This "book tour" will involve me putting lots of miles on my Saturn, staying with my parents and finding the cheapest possible non-scary motel in Austin.

I'll be participating in a group signing of local authors at the Barnes & Noble in Tyler, Texas, on May 6, 3-6 p.m. (I sort of count as "local" because I'm from that area.)

Then I'll be having a signing on May 7, 1-3 p.m. at the Borders in Uptown Dallas (the one in the West Village). The events coordinator at that store is incredibly creative, so I may work with him to see what we can come up with to make it even more fun.

I'll be coming to Austin for a signing (and maybe even a reading, if I get wild and crazy) May 13 at 2 p.m. at the Borders on South Lamar. You Austin folks have been nagging me, so you'd better be there with lots of friends!

I'll also be signing books at the Romantic Times Booklovers Convention in May in Daytona Beach and at the RWA national conference in July in Atlanta. If I plan travel for other reasons to other parts of the country, I may see about setting up events there.

Meanwhile, I got a bunch of bookmarks made, and they're fresh from the printer with that lovely ink smell, so sitting in my office is making me kind of loopy. I'm getting a lot of them out in the mail today to go to various conferences around the country, so that will help. A few lucky conferences are getting an advance copy of Once Upon Stilettos to go in a raffle basket, so if you're planning to be at a writing conference in the next few weeks, you might want to consider buying a raffle ticket.

We had March (and April and May) in January, but we're paying for it now with January in March. If I didn't absolutely have to go to the post office, I'd be tempted to cower at home. It's cold and blustery today. Once I get my errands done, it will be the perfect day to drink tea and write.

No comments: