Friday, March 31, 2006

Drive-by Post

I can already tell that this is going to be one of my scattered days. I have to pick my agent up at the airport this afternoon, and then we're going to a conference for the weekend. In the next couple of hours, I have to get all my stuff together for the conference, pack, wash my hair and get my car loaded.

I've already cleaned out my car. The other day at Target I found a cute little red stiletto air freshener, and I couldn't resist it. The problem is, it's kind of strong. I've had the windows down in my car while it sits in the garage, and when I went this morning to wipe down my windshield, the whole garage smelled like this air freshener. I'm not sure I'll be able to be trapped inside the car with this thing.

Progress continues on the revisions. I'm up to chapter seven. Sadly, I had to kill a few parts that I really liked but that don't fit into the book the way I'm doing it now. I had a really clever (I thought) riff on dating that turned out to be irrelevant to the story. I think I'll hang onto it in case I have a use for it in something else. I suspect I'm on the verge of another part that will require a lot of rewriting, and that requires some daydreaming.

But now I have to go get my act together.

No comments: