Friday, October 14, 2016

One Project Done, Starting the Next One

I got the book finished and off for formatting, so today's to-do list involves working on some cover copy and then brainstorming the next book. Yes, my to-do list for today is pretty much "sit and think." I love this part of working on a book.

In the meantime, I'm trying to fight off a very inconveniently timed cold and/or allergy attack. I have to sing a lot of high notes on Sunday, so I don't dare lose my voice. Lots of liquids and vitamin C and allergy drugs will be involved the next couple of days. It's a good thing all I have to do is sit and think.

And it's the perfect day for it, as it's nice and rainy. They said last night that the rain would be gone by noon, but it's still really gray, which is okay by me.

The other thing I need to think about today is taking a fall vacation. I kind of want to repeat last year's trip, but then there's something to be said for trying something new. The place I went last year was just what I want, but I've often found that trying to repeat something that was wonderful can end up being disappointing. Maybe the trick is to not try to repeat it but rather try to turn it into something new and different. You can go to the same place but go about it in a different way. This is a relatively low-stress kind of trip with a nice immersion in nature.

No comments: