Monday, February 29, 2016

Leaping out of the House

I seem to be on the upswing now. I skipped yoga because I don't think that bending over that much would be all that fun, and I also desperately needed to get groceries, and I wasn't sure I'd have the energy for both. But I did survive a trip to Target and the grocery store, and I don't feel too bad. I'm going to try writing this afternoon and see what happens.

I think just leaving the house was the big hurdle. I very seldom get cabin fever, no matter how much time I stay in the house. What happens with me is that the longer I stay in, the harder it is to make myself leave, to the point it almost becomes a fear. That's why I make sure to be involved with things that obligate me to leave the house regularly. With choir, I have to go out on Wednesday night and Sunday morning, and that's frequently enough that I can't get to the point of being afraid to leave the house. Unless I'm too sick to go out, and that means I can stay in for a whole week until I'm no longer sure how much I don't feel well enough to go anywhere and how much it's that dread of being on the other side of the front door.

But now I've gone out, so I've broken the pattern, and I have plans and goals for work, so I want to get back in the swing of things. Also, I've watched every documentary I can find on demand that I'm remotely interested in and also everything I'd recorded. I knew I was starting to feel better last night when I watched a couple of movies and could follow the plot, though one was a biopic, so it was borderline documentary.

Meanwhile, flowers are blooming, and it turns out that when they pulled up the rose bushes they had in the medians in my neighborhood because of rose rosette disease, they planted tulips, so now there are tulips all over my neighborhood, and tulips make me happy.

No comments: