Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Rethinking Things

Well, day one of my new, improved life didn't quite go as planned. I underestimated how much time it would take to do some things and also underestimated how much time I spend on non-priorities that are still things I enjoy. I need to work a little breathing room into my schedule to make it easier to adhere to. But I did get the amount of writing and publicity work I aimed for, and I did some housework, some exercise and some music practice, even if it wasn't as much as I hoped for. So, overall, an improvement.

I'm going to have to veer from the planned plot of the next Rebel Mechanics book. That synopsis I wrote years ago requires a character to do something that I now believe would be very out of character, and it's sorely lacking in a sense of adventure. The main plot will be more or less the same, but it will be resolved in a different way, I think. Scenes have been coming to me, which is a good sign. I know I have a book shaping up when it goes from being a list of events to seeing a movie in my head (which is why I don't have any Enchanted, Inc. books planned right now -- I can make lists of events, but they're just lists of events. I'm not seeing the scenes happen).

I really wish I could find a way to get a ride in some kind of airship (blimp, dirigible, whatever) because I think that's going to play a big role and I want to be able to describe it better. It looks like you can do that in Germany, but the US company that was offering that sort of thing in California has closed down.

Tonight children's choir starts, so I'll be fully in my fall schedule. I need to come up with a lesson plan that will entertain four-year-olds for 45 minutes. I don't plan to do a lot of "teaching" tonight, but I will need activities to do with them.

Now to do some other promo stuff for the day and then do some plot outlining and then some lesson planning. We're having a cool, rainy day, so I feel energized.

No comments: