Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Catching Up

I have now survived this year's convention season. FenCon went by in something like a blur and extended into Monday, as I took one of our guests to the airport yesterday morning. And then I collapsed. I may say more about the convention once I've had a chance to process it.

In other news, I still haven't managed to get the DVR activated. I ended up putting the old converter box back on so I could watch TV, and then I didn't want to deal with it yesterday. Maybe I'll try again today because there are two things I want to watch at the same time tonight. If they fail today, I may just give up and decide it wasn't meant to be.

One thing I did accomplish yesterday between naps was booking a fall vacation. I did a lot of hypothetical trip planning a few weeks ago and found something I thought might work. Then I realized that I'd been visualizing it as though it was a done deal and figured I'd better book it because apparently this location does tend to fill up. I've had it recommended from multiple sources. So, in early November I'll be heading out to do outdoorsy stuff. It's about as close as I will come to camping, though there's a real bed, indoor plumbing, refrigerator and microwave, Wi-Fi, and satellite TV. But there's also hiking, canoeing and maybe even horseback riding.

I'm planning to use this as a reward for finishing a book. Today I will start writing words on the Rebel Mechanics sequel, and I've figured that if I stick to my productivity goals, I can finish a draft before this trip. That way I can use the trip as rebooting time before starting work on revisions or on something else, depending on what happens with the publisher.

I read my new story at FenCon and got some good feedback on it, but I'm still not sure exactly what to do with it. It may have to wait until I finish this book.

And that's it for now. I will collect my thoughts and have more coherent things to say about the convention later.

No comments: