Thursday, August 06, 2015

WorldCon Prep

I just realized that I'm only about a week and a half away from WorldCon -- I checked the Spokane forecast and saw that they actually have a forecast for the first couple of days I'll be there. It looks like it will be refreshingly cool for me, and I'll need to bring a sweater. Highs in the upper 80s and lows in the upper 50s. I also have a lot to do between now and then, which will be even more fun because next week is Music and Art Camp at church, so I'll be tied up (depending on the kids I get, possibly literally) all morning Monday through Thursday.

I need to finish knitting a shawl, get some promo stuff prepared (final assembly will wait until arrival for easier transport), take care of shopping and preparation errands, do some FenCon PR work, critique the writers' workshop manuscripts, and maybe do some book research.

If you're going to be at WorldCon, or know someone who will be, I've been given a KaffeeKlatche session, which is an informal meet-and-greet around a table, presumably with beverages. You can sign up in advance for these, and so far I have one person signed up for mine. Sign up here so I won't feel sad and pathetic. I flounced enough about not getting recognized enough to get programming, so it would be really awful if I prove to be a nobody, after all.

And if you want to know what else I'll be doing, here's the rest of my programming.

I'm currently frantically re-reading/reading a lot of Terry Pratchett books in preparation for all the Discworld items. I imagine I'll have a slightly controversial take on the most dangerous person in Discworld, but I think I have textual evidence.

In other linky news, here's that blog post I had a flake attack about yesterday. I had it written in my head, which was a good thing considering I mixed up the due date with the posting date. This is what happens when I mix promo time and writing time.

Incidentally, I'm still open to doing guest posts or blog interviews, so if you are a book blogger or know one, give me a shout. Goodness knows, I need all the help I can get.

No comments: