Monday, August 25, 2014

Weekend Fun

I've already done the main task on my to-do list for Monday: A dentist appointment. Now my teeth are clean. No cavities and praise instead of a lecture on flossing.

I had a fairly full weekend. Friday I saw Guardians of the Galaxy, and it wasn't quite what I was expecting, in a good way. I guess I was dreading some kind of comic book superhero thing (and I'm so over that trend), but it was more of a space adventure thing. I've seen comparisons to Firefly, and while I can see some similarities, it didn't quite strike me in the same way. But it was a lot of fun, and it's been a long time since there was a fun movie involving spaceships and space battles.

I did end up going to and staying at that party because I was enjoying myself. I got to catch up with some people I haven't seen in ages and meet the other people who later met the same fate as I did (or worse) at the same place, plus a bunch of other interesting people. The host is a big gardener, and I got a tour of his garden, which is designed to attract butterflies. That meant the house was surrounded by flowers and butterflies, which was rather magical. I think I'm inspired about what I could do when I get a house with a yard.

Then I watched my recording of Doctor Who when I got home. I'm terribly fickle about Doctors -- the current one is always my favorite, and my loyalties switch pretty quickly. I can't quite tell if my loyalties will switch fully with this one because I adored Matt Smith's version, but there's a lot I like about the new one. I'll have to rewatch to be sure because it was late when I watched and I was very tired and distracted.

Today I want to get back to my short story, and I want to do some office cleaning because it's kind of out of hand and spilling into other parts of the house.

No comments: