Monday, June 02, 2014

Yaawwwwnnnn

You'd think from the way I was dragging around this morning that I'd had one of those weekends with one activity after another, so I was seldom home at all other than to grab a few hours of sleep before rushing off to do something else -- one of those "I need a weekend to recover from the weekend" weekends. Except it wasn't. I didn't leave the house from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning. I did stay up a little late Saturday night (the "I'm not leaving until they turn off the servers" Television Without Pity wake) and got up early Sunday morning, but I took an hour and a half nap on Sunday afternoon, went to bed early Sunday night (though I turned the light out at about the usual time because I was reading), and still slept late -- and that was without waking up earlier and deciding to close my eyes for a moment, only to wake up again an hour later, or even a middle-of-the-night insomnia spell. I'm not sure I even moved from the time I fell asleep to the time I woke up.

I guess my body needed the rest. Or maybe my brain did.

I spent much of Friday figuring out the big, climactic part of the book, and I came up with one of those "oooooooh!" twists that I didn't see coming and that definitely falls into the category of "think of the worst thing you can do to your characters and then do it to them." Then while I was writing I came up with yet another element for this sequence. It's going to be sooo much fun!

If I can wake up enough to write it. But since my primary form of time wasting is no more (sniff), I'm hoping to be more productive this week.

No comments: