Friday, November 01, 2013

On the Road Again

Just a quick note before I hit the road to Norman, Oklahoma, for Octopodicon, a steampunk convention. I finished my knitting project last night, and I'm sure I'll find someone willing to take a photo of me wearing it so I can post it when I get home. I have to do some finishing work, like weaving in the ends, but that will have to happen once I get there.

The nice thing about a steampunk convention is that I won't feel like I overpacked when I bring the extra-large suitcase. I had a minor dilemma when I couldn't remember which of my many white shirts and blouses works best with the vest I was bringing, but then I decided to throw both of them in.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen too many people at any kind of convention who worry much about overpacking. That's more a holdover from my Australian boss who thought you were overpacking if you needed more than a backpack for a three-week trip around the world.

Now to throw some things in the car and head off!

No comments: