Friday, November 15, 2013

Done! And Now for the Weekend

I finished the latest round of revisions yesterday, so I get a weekend off. There will be hiking today, and then I think a massive round of house cleaning over the weekend to start kind of getting ready for Christmas, the season for which will be on us before I know it. I spent the past couple of months either frantically knitting or working on revisions, so I kind of need an industrial-strength cleaning, as all those petty little tasks fell by the wayside.

I hope to fit in a little reading, some TV catchup (there's a Doctor Who convention next weekend where I'll be a panelist, so I need to do some reviewing to refresh my memory), and maybe some knitting.

Now, though, I need to do enough straightening of the living room to have space for a post-hiking television night. There's currently an edited manuscript filling my sofa.

See how glamorous a writer's life really is?

The good news about the book is that I had to keep going back and re-reading yesterday, as I kept getting so caught up in the story that I forgot to read critically and edit. I think that's a good sign, if I get involved enough that my editor brain shuts off, even though I wrote it and know what's going to happen.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: