Friday, March 29, 2013

The House of Swendson

I finally dealt with the most nagging bit of procrastination yesterday. The next round of to-do lists comes up next week, but for today, I will be focusing on finishing my Nebula ballot reading, tidying the house in case I have company for Easter and baking goodies for a Doctor Who watching party. Then I have Good Friday service tonight and three services Sunday morning. Fortunately, there's also some fun stuff, with new Doctor Who and Game of Thrones.

Speaking of Game of Thrones, they have a web thing where you can make your own house sigil. Here's the sigil for House Swendson:


"I only have eight more pages!" translates to "I'm not putting this book down until I've finished it." It's a family joke, so I figured it makes a good motto for us. As for who will end up sitting on the Iron Throne when all is said and done, well, duh:


I promise to be a benevolent ruler and only behead the people who really have it coming. Funny, George R.R. Martin cast me as Mary Ann when we were deciding which Gilligan's Island character was which author at the Random House party at last year's WorldCon. He obviously doesn't know me very well. Then again, we were also discussing Gilligan's Island conspiracy theories, and he may not think Mary Ann is all that naive and innocent.

To give Doctor Who equal time, in case you haven't seen it, there's a short prequel to this Saturday's new episode. My cable company also had this available OnDemand.

Now I must go stretch so I'll be able to walk tonight and tomorrow. I went to ballet class last night, so that's twice this week, and it was a beginning class. For me, that means doing the beginning moves at a more advanced level, which is actually harder than the advanced class because it moves very slowly. When you're lifting your leg above a 90-degree angle, slow can be torture. Still, it was fun momentarily being one of the best students in the class, which is a reverse from my usual class, where I'm one of the worst. At any rate, my thighs are not happy with me at the moment.

No comments: