Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Clutter Attack!

I got the almost-final cover for Damsel Under Stress today. Now we just have to figure out what color the title should be. But wow, this one is really going to pop and stand out on the shelf. I'll post it when we have the final version.

I really have reached the final straw on the messy house. First, it was the challenge of finding things when I was packing. Then it was the disgust of coming home to such a mess. Finally, there's that lovely bouquet of roses, and I have no good place to put them where they aren't overwhelmed by the nearby clutter.

So, today, I've taken the first steps toward doing something about it. I went to the downtown library and found a few books on housekeeping and controlling clutter. I also got a set of shelves for the garage from Target. If I can get some things from the upstairs closets into the garage, that will open up a lot of storage space in the house.

I don't think I have to go anywhere or do anything tomorrow, so it looks like it will be a house cleaning day (in addition to getting ready to go out of town again). I can't believe I'm actually excited about this. That probably says something about the condition of my house.

I don't have anything I'm supposed to be doing tonight, so I'm going to lie on the sofa and read my decluttering books. Do I live the high life, or what? It feels odd not to have anything major hanging over my head. I need to deal with my e-mail tomorrow, but otherwise, I can relax.

No comments: