Tuesday, May 31, 2016

New Stuff

This is going to be a short week for me, not just because of the Monday holiday, but also because I'll be going to a family reunion at the end of the week. I'm in research/brainstorming mode, so I'll probably still be "working," but I won't be doing my usual office hours/social media/admin stuff.

That means I'll be cramming a lot into the next couple of days, with getting ready for a trip and trying to do work. I got a lot of research reading done over the weekend. I'm in the stage where I'm reading up on things that might be historical or cultural parallels, just to see what ideas it sparks. And no, I'm not ready to talk about what this book is going to be because I want it at least plotted and outlined and maybe some writing done before I know for sure if it's going to work. It's still too vague to commit to.

However, I do have a release date for Rebel Magisters, the sequel to Rebel Mechanics. We're aiming at putting it out July 12, which is the same day the paperback of the first book comes out. I'm hoping that will maximize the exposure for both, and if people discover the first book in paperback, then they won't have to wait for the sequel.

And yes, I'm planning a sequel to the sequel. I originally plotted this out as a trilogy, but we'll see where it goes. There are just a couple of other things I want to write first. I'm planning for this to be a nose-to-the-grindstone writing summer so I can get a lot of the projects that are in my head out into the world.

Now to go bake some cookies to take to the family reunion. I guess you could call it Cookies for the Cousins.

No comments: