Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Crunch Time

I'm now down to the wire in getting ready to travel, when it seems like I have an impossible to-do list and too little time to do it. So today and tomorrow will be busy. I'm going to try to get as much as possible done today so that tomorrow will be less frantic. I'm probably going to skip choir Wednesday night, and the plan is to have a relaxing Wednesday evening and get to bed early because I have to catch an early bus to get to the airport.

If anyone is in the Chicago area, there will be a public booksigning on Friday night at 8 p.m. at the Palmer House Hilton. Here are the details. There will be a lot of big names there. And me. I don't know if the on-site bookseller will have any of my books, but you can bring your own to be signed, or I can autograph bookmarks and postcards, or you can just say hi.

I've planned my wardrobe and changed my mind about one outfit because I'm trying for maximum mix and match in order to allow more room to bring home books. They posted what the goody bag looks like. I may even resort to finding a post office nearby and mailing a box back to myself. So many books … I'm even pondering relying on my tablet for airplane reading because it would be a waste to bring a book. But then it would be weird not to bring a book. Maybe I'll bring something potentially disposable from the Strategic Book Reserve.

Now, off to tackle the list!

No comments: