Thursday, March 10, 2016

Almost There!

It's one of those cool, rainy days when it's nearly impossible to get out of bed, but that means it's also good writing weather. I'm closing in on the end of the book. I just got to the big turning point that kicks off the final act. I suspect tomorrow will be a big writing marathon as I plow toward the ending. I know there's going to be a lot of editing and revision required. This draft was to get the plot done. I need to add/change a few scenes for plot reasons, and I think I need to deal more with emotions and relationships because while getting the plot worked out, I skimmed over a lot of that stuff.

But I'm so close to seeing how the story ends! I kind of know how it ends, but seeing it is a very different thing.

My kids were relatively easy to deal with in choir last night. Some of the surrounding school districts are on spring break this week, so the group was small, and the child who's usually the biggest problem wasn't there. We were able to actually do activities instead of spending the whole time stopping bad behavior. Though we do have the one kid who's doing this passive-aggressive hugging thing. He knows he gets in trouble for hitting, so instead he hugs everyone rather aggressively, then says "I was only hugging" when the other kid complains. We have to keep telling him that a hug isn't a nice thing if the other person doesn't want it, and he needs to ask if it's okay to hug someone first. He seemed a little surprised that we were on to him and knew he wasn't just being affectionate. Even if he was, it's not nice to hug people who don't want to be hugged (that's very important to me, since I'm not a big hugger).

And then I have spring break next week, so no children's choir. I'll still have a choir rehearsal, but no lesson plans or kids, and there's no dance class. I'm trying to decide if I want to go somewhere next week for a few days, especially if I finish the book.

No comments: