Monday, October 02, 2006

Buy a Friend a Book Week

Hey, kids, do you know what this week is? It's Buy a Friend a Book Week, which I think sounds like a splendid concept. The idea is to give a friend a book, for no good reason. It's sort of a literary random acts of kindness thing. It's also a great way to encourage reading. If you've got a friend who isn't all that into books, find something that you think might fit his or her interests, and maybe you'll get them hooked! And then we'll take over the world!!!

Of course, I might have a couple of ideas for good books to give people, but if you're here, you probably already know about those.

I'll be celebrating with Trashionista, one of my favorite chick lit sites. I'll be a guest blogger there sometime this week, and they'll be giving away a signed copy of one of my books. (My only beef with that site is that it's mostly British, which means they're always talking about books by my favorite authors that I won't be able to get for a while. It's so frustratingly tantalizing. And it makes me want to go back to England. Or drink tea.) My blog entry there will be about some of my favorite chick lit books, which could give you book gift ideas. Or you can look in my blog archives for my various book reports.

In other news, if there are any New Yorkers reading this, I'm working with my publisher to try to set up something fun for readers during my visit there at the end of the month. Stay tuned for details if we manage to pull this off.

And now, back to the book, with its shifting timeline and characters who continue to surprise me. I love Owen, but he may be the death of me. Why does he have to be so darned complicated (and hot)? To think, he originally came into existence as nothing more than "good-looking co-worker at new job."

No comments: