Monday, January 28, 2013

Sick Day

It's a good thing I didn't have plans this weekend because I came down with a cold. It followed my usual pattern of starting with a scratchy throat Friday afternoon, turning into a sore throat by Saturday morning, with sneezing and sniffling by Saturday night, then waking up Sunday morning with the stuffy head and a cough, but still with the sniffling and sneezing. By Sunday afternoon, I pretty much had the symptoms list on the Nyquil bottle. I didn't get much rest last night because of the sneezing and stuffiness. So I think I'll give myself a sick day today. I can't really concentrate anyway.

I did a lot of reading over the weekend, but I don't think I'm quite coherent enough to discuss it right now. I'm at "Lifetime movies OnDemand" levels of critical thought. Did you know that they sometimes have romantic comedies that aren't about Christmas? I was surprised. I stumbled upon one yesterday called A Perfect Romance. Generally, anything on Lifetime labeled "perfect" is so, so very much not, so I figured A Perfect Romance would be about the guy who seemed perfect, until it turned out he was a crazed stalker who kept the last few women he'd dated chained up in his basement. But it turned out to be a cute romantic comedy about online dating. And, I think, possibly an infomercial for an online dating service I've never heard of but that got "promotional consideration" in the credits.

And now I'm realizing just how much trouble I'm having typing and having the words come out right, so I'm going to quit while I'm ahead and go back to bed.

No comments: