Friday, January 25, 2013

A Justified Goof-Off Day

I finished the revisions yesterday. I'll still need to do another read-through, but I think it's close to done. Now I'll need to revise book 7 whenever I get those notes from my agent, and after that I'll do my read-through on this book. And then I'll start a new one!

For now, though, since I'll have to deal with an urgent project the moment I get it back, which needs to be soon, I can't really start anything new. That means reading time! We'll see how many books I can read this weekend. Even better, my water is currently off because they're having to do some pipe repairs nearby, which means I can't really do housework. I took a make-up ballet class last night (since I'm still making up for all the time I missed last fall), and my knees are very angry today, so that means no walking or exercise and limits the housework. I think what did it is that for the beginner class she's doing a center barre, which means doing the usual barre exercises without the support of the bar. That requires you to do everything very slowly, with a lot of precision, and all while having to work on balance. It's a good way to force people to focus on technique and develop balance, but it can put a lot of strain on your knees to support yourself all that time on one leg while working the other leg. It may also have something to do with the front that came through during class, and changes in atmospheric pressure tend to make my joints hurt.

At any rate, I will not be doing a lot of walking today. Fortunately, I have a huge pile of books, and there's tea in the thermos. I don't know what I'll do if the water isn't back on before I run out of tea. I may be scavenging from pitchers and water bottles, or melting any ice cubes I find in the freezer. I wonder what they'd do if I brought my teakettle out to the pipe they're working on and ask if they can fill it for me.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some very important goofing off to do.

No comments: