Thursday, May 04, 2017

Star Wars Day

May the Fourth be with You! It’s Star Wars day, and I don’t have anywhere to go, so I guess there’s no real reason to wear a Star Wars t-shirt that no one will see, but I think I will anyway.

Then I’ll have to switch fandoms because this weekend is WhoFest DFW, a Doctor Who convention. I’m a panelist as a low-level minor local celebrity to fill out the time between major guest events. Fortunately, the convention is just down the street, so I can run home after my events.

I took a few days off this week to visit my parents, and now I have an awkward in-between day between that trip and the convention, during which I’m not sure how much writing I’m likely to get done. This may turn into my designated Get Stuff Done day to handle everything else, then maybe do some brainstorming later once all that is taken care of. I think I’ve figured out the issues in the plot of the book I was working on. Now I need to figure out how to implement those solutions.

Meanwhile, I finished children’s choir for the year last night. They’re singing in church Sunday and then there’s a sharing program Wednesday night, but I’m done with the teaching part and having to manage the classroom. Last night, I ended up surrounded by the kids in my class at dinner. They all sat with me (away from their parents!). I got a non-stop discussion about what they do in school, who their friends and family members are, what food they like, how high they can count, how high they can count in Spanish, etc. That meant I managed to eat my dinner in time to get to my next rehearsal because I didn’t have to talk at all. I couldn’t get a word in edgewise. But I guess it’s good that they like me.

Now we’ll see if we can manage to sing Sunday without the boys starting a fight or otherwise getting into trouble.

No comments: