Tuesday, August 02, 2016

A Between-Conventions Phase

A lot has happened since my last post. I finished the book (yay!!!!!). Today I start on revisions, which I hope to finish before WorldCon. I went to ArmadilloCon, which was a fun trip. I think this convention has become more of a writing-oriented convention rather than a fan-oriented one, which requires some adjusting of expectations. It isn't necessarily where you go to promote yourself to fans, but it is a good place to go to network with other writers and pick up new info about the industry. That networking can lead to promotional opportunities, but it's definitely not a "buy my book!" and meet with your fans kind of event.

I have two weeks before WorldCon, and next week is Music and Art Camp at church, so it will be a busy two weeks. I may take it somewhat easy today and focus on re-reading and making revision plans. I had to go out this morning to pick up my new glasses, so I went ahead and also got groceries. Now I can hibernate and rest for the remainder of the week, since this trip was rather exhausting.

The time while I was there was quite pleasant, though. I'm not sure quite how it happened that way, but I ended up with a corner room that had a balcony. I ate my breakfast out there in the mornings and spent a lot of time sitting out there in the afternoons and evenings. I'm now having to adjust to being back home and not being brought orange juice in the morning and ice and water in the evening. But it's not just me missing the hotel. They sent me an e-mail this morning saying they missed me. Aww, it's mutual.

But now it's back to my usual routine and work and getting ready for my next trip.

No comments: