Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Accomplishments

I felt such a sense of achievement yesterday from doing things that I would normally procrastinate about. So now I have a hotel room for WorldCon this summer and filled out the programming survey. There's still no guarantee I'll get any programming, but I've done what I can to try to give them reasons to use me.

I've also started the brainstorming for a fourth Fairy Tale book, and I think I have the core plot idea. It needs a lot more development, but that's why I'm doing this work in the background while I write other things. These books refuse to be linear and always take me a lot longer to write than everything else I do, so I'm trying something new and doing the development work while I write stuff that's clearer. That way, I may be able to get more books out.

I had another chorale rehearsal last night, and it's definitely a learning experience because the director is very different from anyone I've ever worked with. I'm having to change a lot of the ways I do things, and then will have to change back for my regular choir (fortunately, we're not doing anything at all like this piece for a while). My regular choir director will be performing this with us, but only making it to the final rehearsals, so I can't wait to see his reaction. I guess I'll stick with this, but I must admit that it's hard to drag myself out on Monday nights.

I'm approaching the big midpoint event in the book I'm working on, and it wasn't even an event I initially planned for this book. Funny how that happens. I was just mentally running through things that might happen in this location but running against the fact that most of the things this location is known for wouldn't have happened in this alternate history. But then I realized that one of them could happen now in the story, in a different way. And it's going to be tons of fun. That's what I get to write today.

No comments: