Thursday, June 20, 2013

Drained

I have most of the new book sort of outlined. If I were trying to sell this on proposal, I wouldn't be quite ready to write a synopsis because I'd need a lot more specifics later in the story, but I think I'm close to being ready to start writing a draft. This is a sequel to a book that it took me years to really finish because it kept shifting on me, so there's probably not a lot of point to outlining really specifically up front. I'm hoping that the specifics will reveal themselves to me as I go. And then after I figure out what the book's really about, I'll have to rewrite the whole thing. There are a couple more things I want to figure out at least in a general sense, and I need to finish my soundtrack compilation, which often adjusts my outline as I come up with ideas. I'll work on that some today. Tomorrow is going to mostly be a fun/work around the house day, so I'll work Saturday. My goal is to start writing on Monday.

This kind of heavy-duty thinking is really draining. I had no energy yesterday, and I woke up exhausted this morning. I had no brainpower left by last night, so I ended up rewatching the last couple of A Game of Thrones episodes while knitting. I've finished Phase One of the current project and am ready to move on to Phase Two, which could be a bit tricky. Today's exciting task involves going to get a new patio umbrella (mine finally died for good -- my dad fixed it the last time the cable for raising and lowering it broke, but it's more than ten years old, so I think I can afford a new umbrella). At this time of year, the umbrella is critical for shading my living room windows in the morning.

There's a possibility of a big announcement tomorrow, so stay tuned. Yes, I know, I'm a terrible tease, but I like suspense and I like inflicting it on others. No, not a new book, a movie or a TV series. Actually, there will be an announcement, regardless. How big it is depends on someone else getting something done. Now, though, I must go get that umbrella because there's too much light in my house.

No comments: