Thursday, December 09, 2010

Sidetracked

I've had a very sidetracked day. This morning I got sidetracked on a Christmas gift research project, and then I had to run some errands. You know it was bad when I got home from the errands and went to make my afternoon pot of tea and found this morning's second cup still in the pot. I've been sidetracked and undercaffeinated. And then while making tea I for some reason decided I absolutely had to wash dishes and clean the kitchen.

Usually, this means the subconscious is busy and needs me to get out of the way. I sure hope so. I finally figured out the right location for the big, pivotal scene (it helps to consider the problem from the perspective of the right people, the ones everyone else will react to), but I don't have the events and imagery quite right.

In the meantime, there's baking to do for the weekend, and tomorrow is Voyage of the Dawn Treader day, along with finishing the Christmas shopping.

Maybe I'll be more coherent tomorrow.

No comments: