Friday, October 15, 2010

TGIF

I think I may have settled on a cell phone to get. I went to the AT&T store and played with their phones for a while, and it came down between the iPhone and the Sony Ericsson Xperia. They're pretty similar and cost the same, but the Ericsson phone seems to be more open, so that I can get things from my computer to it without having the latest Apple software. I can just export MP3s from my computer to the phone to put music on it instead of having to sync it through iTunes. I don't necessarily even want my phone synced with my computer. I might put a little music on it just to have it but will likely eventually get a music-specific device. The big surprise was that with the current plans, getting the data plus voice may actually end up costing less than I'm paying now. I may go back early next week and take the plunge.

While I was in the area, I walked on over to Wal-Mart for a few errands. I'm not a Wal-Mart fan, but there aren't too many places where I can order contact lenses, get a spool of thread to hem some pants and get an onion for making dinner all under one roof and have all that within walking distance. However, I think I may be allergic to Wal-Mart. I'd been doing fine, but soon after I got inside, I started coughing, and by the time I left, I was in a full-on coughing fit. I got an ice cream cone at the McDonald's in the store for the walk home because I thought maybe the cool stuff would soothe my throat, but while I was waiting for it and then just getting from there to the exit, I was coughing non-stop and my eyes and nose were running. Soon after I got away from the store, I was fine again. So something in there must have set me off.

And then I got lazy and didn't even make what I had planned with the onion. But hey, I've got it for tomorrow. I also needed lemons, but they didn't have any other than one two-pound bag where the mesh had been torn. Not what you want when you're walking a mile home. I wasn't impressed with their produce.

Now I need to take care of a few more tasks as I get ready for a trip. Sunday will be a big day for me, as the combined four year old and five year old choirs will be singing in church, and I got volunteered out of all the leaders for those classes to direct the choir, since I'm the one who sings in the chancel choir. And yes, directing kids that young to sing in unison is rather like herding cats, but they're absolutely adorable. My class is the five-year-olds, but I seem to have impressed the four-year-old boys because I talked to one of them about his Star Wars t-shirt and could discuss Star Wars with them. I found my people. I'll have to show them the lightsaber on my keychain.

Ooh, if I get the new phone before then, I can get one of the other teachers to take video of them.

No comments: