Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday

Well, it's back to reality today after a lovely holiday weekend. I won't call it a "lazy" weekend because I had to sing for three church services (one Friday, two Sunday) and I actually left the house and was social on Saturday afternoon. But otherwise, I did mostly take it easy, and I got some serious thinking done on the current project.

The down side is that thinking means I pretty much now have to wipe out two days worth of work. It will be much better as a result, but it's still rather frustrating to realize that a lot of the progress I made last week was actually wasted time. There's even a minor character I created who I think I may really love (there's potential for a lot of fun with him) but who may not belong here. He will have to go into a file to be used elsewhere, either in this book or another one.

Meanwhile, now that I've taken care of all my business bookkeeping, I have to fill out the tax forms. Committing those numbers to paper is always a little scary because it forces me to really acknowledge reality. I may go ahead and finish the whole process today instead of doing the "one bite at a time" approach so I can just get it over with and move on with my life.

That loud screech you may have heard late Friday night (since I had to tape and watch it later) was me reacting to the end of the Sarah Connor Chronicles. They CAN'T end the whole SERIES that way. That would be EVIL. If the advertisers and studio executives watch the show at all, they'll do anything to renew it because they'll want to know what happens next. I know my brain is spinning with the possibilities.

Ah, well, off to work. I'm sure I'll have something much more witty and clever to say tomorrow.

1 comment:

Carradee said...

"It will be much better as a result, but it's still rather frustrating to realize that a lot of the progress I made last week was actually wasted time."

Hear, hear. :/

*e-hug*