Friday, March 28, 2008

Springtime in Texas

Oops, late posting today, but I've been hanging with the folks and dealing with some business stuff. We went out for catfish last night, which I'd been craving for a while, and I think Dad's going to grill tonight. Yeah, we lead a life of excitement and adventure.

This is a great time to visit East Texas because the flowering trees are blooming. We've got wisteria, redbuds and dogwoods. Then on the ground there are the azaleas. My parents have a wisteria bush on each side of the house, and the scent is almost overwhelming.

This is the one by my parents' back porch:


The downside of visiting at this time of year is that March Madness is going on and my parents are really, really into basketball. I may be hibernating this evening, even though Texas is playing.

And now because it's Friday, I have a tiny bit of geekery to share. It's only a few weeks until we get Doctor Who back in the US, and here's a sneak peak trailer (spoilery in the sense that trailers give you a sense of what's going to happen). (Oh, and I use links instead of embedding the video because that can take forever to load for some people. If you've got the bandwidth, you can click on the link and watch the video, but if you don't have the bandwidth, it doesn't make my blog slow to load).

See you Monday!

No comments: