Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas, everyone! The parents have already gone to bed, so I'm sitting in the guest room, listening to it rain and keeping my eyes peeled to catch Santa Claus. I took a long nap this afternoon, so it may be ages before I can get to sleep. That means we can enjoy the family Christmas tradition in the morning of my mom dragging me out of bed because she can't wait to open presents (it is true that parents and children develop role reversals in time).

We've had a quiet holiday weekend, mostly just hanging around and eating. Friday night we watched Dr. Who (which may have been a mistake, as "Ex-ter-min-ate" may become part of my dad's vocabulary). Saturday, we baked some cookies and watched A Muppet Christmas Carol. Today, we went to church, napped, then went to Christmas Eve service (which included a trio of kids playing violin -- adorable!) and managed not to cause any serious bodily harm with the candles (in my family, that's a Christmas miracle). Afterward, we watched The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Tomorrow I imagine there will be more eating, some football watching and some napping. We live life in the fast lane.

I've managed to get almost no work done, other than watching a few episodes of House. That's probably good for me, but it means I'll be trying to catch up later. Just before I left town, I got a printout of the cover for Damsel Under Stress. I'll have to see if I can get it electronically so I can finally post it. It's very cute and quite colorful. I also got page proofs to go over.

I hope this Christmas finds you warm, safe, happy and feeling loved. And maybe there will be just a little sprinkle of magic.

Hmmm, is it suddenly raining harder, or is there something on the roof? I'd better go investigate ...

No comments: